Friday 29 May 2009

Jorge Colombo - New Yorker Cover (created on the iphone)

from CR blog



The drawing was created by Colombo in just an hour, while he stood outside the Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in Times Square. "I got a phone in the beginning of February and I immediately got the programme so I could entertain myself," says the artist on the New Yorker website, where a film of his process can also be viewed. "Before, unless I had a flashlight or a miner's hat, I could not draw in the dark." Colombo also stated that drawing on the phone had the advantage of allowing him to draw without being noticed, although he does mention one drawback of phone painting: that when the sun is up, it is hard to see, "because of the glare on the phone".

There are many more of his pictures on the CR blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment